Cookies are small data files that are sent from a website to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer hard drive. Cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website and they are used for many things, such as remembering when you’ve visited a site before, your language preferences and items that you place in a shopping basket. Cookies contain information about the use of your computer, but they do not collect other information (such as your name and address, for example).
The information we collect using cookies also permits us to analyse traffic patterns on our site. This can enable us over time to provide users with a better experience on our site by improving the content and making it easier to use.
What kind of Cookies do we use?
- First party cookies, served directly by NEC to your computer from our website.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on NEC’s behalf. We use third party cookies for website analytics.
- Session Cookies which are designed to collect and store data while you access our website.
- Persistent Cookies: help websites remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future and can be accessed and processed during a specific period of time, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for broadcasting videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which they access the services the regional configuration from where you access the services.
- Analysis Cookies: These cookies used by NEC or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. To do this, we analyze your navigation on the website in order to improve the offer of products or services that we offer.
This website serves only the following cookies to your computer:How to control or delete cookies
You can block cookies by using the opt-out links provided in the table above, or changing your browser settings so that cookies from this website cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Please note that using a third party opt-out link to disable a cookie or category of cookie may not delete the cookie from your browser but simply disable it from future use. If you wish to delete the relevant cookie, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser.
Below, you can find the instructions of the main browsers to disable cookies:
- In the tools menu, select “Internet Options”.
- Click on the privacy tab.
- You will see a scroll cursor to configure privacy that has six positions that allows you to control the amount of cookies that will be installed: Block all cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept all cookies.
- In the upper part of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu.
- Select “options”.
- Select the privacy label in the options box.
- Choose “use custom settings for the history” from the drop-down menu. This will show the cookie options and you can choose to activate or deactivate them by checking the corresponding box.
- In the configuration menu, select “show advanced settings” at the bottom of the page.
- In the privacy section, select the “content configuration” key.
- The section at the top of the page that appears gives you information about cookies and allows you to set or delete the cookies you prefer.
- In the configuration menu, select the “preferences” option.
- Open the privacy tab and select the option you want from the “block cookies” section. Remember that certain functions and the full functionality of the Site may not be available after disabling cookies.
How we use web beacons
We may also use web beacon technologies to better tailor the site to provide better customer service. A web beacon is a single pixel transparent image that allows a web site to count users who have visited that page or access certain cookies. These web beacons may be placed on specific pages across this web site. When a visitor accesses these pages, an anonymous notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us or by our vendors. These web beacons work in conjunction with cookies. If you don’t want to associate your anonymous cookie information with your visits to these pages, depending on the browser used, you can set your browser to turn off cookies.
August 17, 2018