Introducing the DSS® Distributed Storage Solution
NEC Energy Solutions has developed the DSS® platform to support advanced service creation at the grid edge, whether in front or behind the meter, for C&I enterprises and distribution utilities. It is a scaleable, smart, simple, compact, safe, cost-effective distributed energy storage solution.
DSS® KEY BENEFITS
Proven Battery Technology
• The DSS® platform uses proven industry-leading lithium-ion battery storage technologies, leveraging years of operational experience of NEC Energy Solution’s leading GSS® product lines.
• Choose desired energy storage capacity: 85kWh per energy storage bay, and single to 6-bay pre-engineered options available for a range of 85kWh to 510kWh per enclosure.
Flexible Power Conversion Options
• Pre-integrated, 4 quadrant, bi-directional inverters are available within the DSS® systems.
• Choose desired power level: Remote-mounted 100kW, 280kW, or 650W component PCS options, all provided as fully integrated, ready-to-install systems.
Powerful AEROS® Controls
• NEC Energy Solution’s AEROS® Controls is provided with every DSS® system for autonomous or manually scheduled operating modes and command and control via industry-standard secure protocols. Applications include:
– Demand Charge Reduction
– Peak Shaving
– Load Limiting
– Current Limiting
– Frequency Response
– Frequency Regulation
– Volt/VAR Support
– Renewable Ramp Rate Management
• Communications Protocols Supported Include:
– Serial (RS-485)
– Web (HTTP/HTTPS)
– DNP 3.0
• Remote Monitoring feature provides data collection and data historian options with GPS-synchronized timestamping.
• Multi-user access and configurable access rights with both local and remote user interfaces available
Pre-Engineered Environmental Control
• Mechanical system optimization and serviceability maximizes overall system life and availability.
• All configurations come in outdoor-rated, NEMA4/IP65 enclosures.
• Three different size enclosures to choose from.
• Ambient operational range from -25°C to +50°C with optional cold weather package available.
• DSS pre-engineered systems leverage NEC Energy’s years of experience developing systems used in harsh environments around the world.
• System safety can never be compromised, and DSS® systems use the same multi-level safety approach — at the cell, module, rack, and system level — for which NEC Energy Solutions is known.
• Onboard integrated fire suppression available as an option.
• DSS® systems are designed for fast, straightforward installation by typical commercial electrical contractors.
• Convenient utility interface cabinet simplifies electrical installation and maintenance.
• Integrated top-lift (crane) and bottom-lift (forklift) points for convenient handling and positioning of enclosures.
• Power and communications connections are conventional and common to standard industrial grade facility products.
• Most installation hardware provided as part of equipment package.
|For C&I Customers|
|Energy Cost Optimization||Energy Resiliency|
· Demand charge management
· Enhanced demand response
· Time-of-use electricity rate management
· PV integration
· Back-up power
· Power quality assurance
|For Distribution Utilities|
· Local congestion relief at substations and feeders
· Voltage/VAR support
· Ancillary services
Distributed Asset Control
· Dispatch-ability of C&I load and distributed generation