Lightweight, Long-Lasting Replacements for Lead-Acid Batteries
The ALM 12V7s product line delivers exceptional performance, operating life, and robust safety in the most demanding energy storage applications. Designed to deliver high power delivery with consistent energy capacity, leading cycle and float life, and robust safety protections, the ALM 12V7s products are ideal for demanding UPS, telecommunications back-up, and medical equipment power systems.
- High power delivery up to 9C while maintaining full rated capacity, ideal for small, short duration UPS applications.
- Fast charging, allowing full charge from 100% discharge depth in less than 10 minutes, dramatically improving the availability of portable devices such as medical equipment
- Exceptional cycle life even at repeated deep, fast operating cycles, opening the possibility of batteries outlasting the equipment they serve.
- Superior float service and calendar life, virtually eliminating the need for battery servicing and replacement in most back-up power applications.
- Consistent performance across temperature extremes, dramatically outperforming even temperature-optimized lead-acid batteries in demanding environments, such as telecom outside plant equipment.
- Lightweight – less than half the weight of equivalent lead-acid batteries – simplifying use in portable equipment or outside equipment.
- Simply scalable in series up to 48V and in parallel configurations for expanded capacity, without external controls
- EverSafe™ Battery Technology. providing built-in, fully redundant, electronic fusing and sensing protection against short circuits, over-voltage, over-current, and over-temperature conditions, with automatic recovery.
- Tested and proven against the latest UL and IEC standards for assured safety.
- Inherently safe, abuse tolerant, Nanophosphate® LiFePO4 chemistry.
|ALM 12V7 CHARACTERISTICS@ 25°C||12V7s||12V7s HP|
|Nominal Voltage||13.2 V|
|Nominal Capacity1||5 Ah|
|Available Energy (BOL)||66 Wh|
|Max. Charge/Discharge Current Pulse (1 sec)||29 A||57 A|
|Max. Inrush Current (Charge or Discharge)||240 A|
|Max. Continuous Discharge Current (to 100% Depth of Discharge)||23 A2||45 A2|
|Max. Continuous Charge Current||23 A2||45 A2|
|Max. Recommended Charge Voltage||16 V|
|Max. Charger Voltage (w/o damage)||60 V|
|Recommended Float Voltage||13.6 – 14.4 V|
|Charge time @ max rate||15 min.
|Min. Float Voltage||13.6 V|
|Under-voltage Limit (min)||8 V|
|Operating Temperature3||-40 to +60°C|
|Recommended Storage Temperature4||-40 to +35°C|
|Transportation5||-40 to +80°C|
1. Minimum Capacity – 4.8Ah at beginning of life (BOL)
2. Duration of maximum constant current is thermally limited by internal electronics and depends on ambient temperature
3. Charge and discharge power, and energy availability, will be limited at the low and high ends of the specified operating temperature range
4. Storage at higher temperature reduces the battery’s life
5. Transportation up to two weeks
|Dimensions (excluding terminals)
(L x W x H)
|151 × 64.5 × 99.7 mm
(5.9 x 2.5 x 3.9 in)
|Weight 12V7s||914 g (2.01 lbs)|
|Weight 12V7s HP||932 g (2.05 lbs)|
|Case Material||ABS Plastic, UL 94 5VA Flame Rating|
|Terminal Requirements||6.35 mm (0.25 in) Quick Connect FASTON or equivalent|
IEC62133, UL 1973
REACH, RoHS and Battery Directive (2006/66/EC)
Meets FCC 47CFR 15B Class B IEC61000-6-1, -2, -3, -4, ICES-003
UN Manual of Tests and Criteria Part III, subsection 38.3
The ALM 12V7s with 5Ah of usable capacity is available in a standard 12V lead-acid battery package. The ALM 12V7s is a high-performance and long service life solution for today’s tough, critical applications.